10 May 2011

Furry Babies: STOP dog marking and a puddles

If you have an indoor male dog then you know this; they mark like crazy and scents gets everywhere meaning more pee puddles in the home. Male dog + Mark + puddles = NOT A HAPPY MOM!!
I recently purchased a belly band which is a diaper for male dogs. It cost me $11 with shipping for a fabric. When I received it, I was not so amaze. Works great but it was easy to make. I bought some felt fabric from walmart about a yard ($3.00) and bought some scotch fasteners ($4 each) with 3 sets. Measure your dog's belly width big enough to cover his "jewels" and long enough to overlap the top and snuggly secure.


  • Sew along the sides and 1 bottom.

  • Flip inside out. Sew top.

  • Stick on one of the fasteners on one end, stick the other the opposite side.

  • Place a sanitary napkin in the center and you're done.
    ***You can also use the cheap ones from walmart or a diaper. You can use depends and cut it into 3-4 pieces which saves money!






    Viola you have a belly band!!! You can make about 6-7 depends on the size of your dog, with a $3 yard fabric plus $10 for 6 fasteners. Almost the same price I paid for 6!

    I added a new routine to my doggy care daily. So far so good and this makes me less stress when I wake up in the morning knowing there's no puddle and no markings throughout the day :)


  • Put the belly band on my male dog, Patron before he comes out of his kennel.

  • By 7:00 pm when I let my dogs go to their kennel for bed, I throw away the pad and hand wash his belly band with detergent (use something that helps remove odor)

  • Repeat steps.

    But it's a bit of a hassle having to wash every evening so this is what made me want to make 6 extra belly bands. One for every day of the week and when I'm down to the last one I hand wash all of them together. I like to hand wash it because I don't want it to fade in color since I did use black and for the fasteners to lose it's grip (JUST A MAYBE!) Do whatever works best for you though.

    SIDE NOTE:
    If you have a dog who's into chewing things or a puppy who's still in a teething stage, I suggest you to not use it, he might chew it up and thus making you frustrated. I recommend on dogs who pass the chewing stage. Don't forget to change the pad everyday!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment