05 February 2014

The struggle is real

I made the decision to make part of this blog as a journal, but of course financially. If you have any suggestions or opinions, please feel free to send them my way. 

I have been shopping online like a mad man last month & it took a little chunk of our home budget. I mean life happens & so does sales. Ever since we started this journey to becoming debt free, I was a little more careful about where I shop, what I buy, & what for.

H & M had a huge clearance sales plus an extra 50% all sales item. I was high on all these clothes left & right. After two hours of being glued to the screen, I was able to click "Checkout" with $400 worth of products & only paid $95 (shipping already included). I know that's $100 I could have put elsewhere but I had a good reason (most shoppaholics says this haha). I noticed that I was spending countless money on clothes that looks "nice" only to end up not using them because my tops don't match with my bottoms or that my shoes don't go well with anything. So I took advantage of the huge discount prices & a lot of the plain, neutral colors. So I stocked up on lots of no printed black, white, & nude clothes. You see my good reason there? Yeah I know, I was awesome and in control, haha. Just go with it, okay?

So what are you all struggling with while trying to reach a debt free life?

No comments:

Post a Comment