01 June 2011

Long and healthy hair



Sometimes it's pretty pricey to manage hair to look their best and it seems complicating but home remedies, cheap products, and teaching yourself a thing or two.


  • Avocado and mayo hair mask
  • Chi products
  • Prenatal vitamins
  • Youtube videos
  • Lessen the use of heat tools
  • Lessen coloring hair especially bleaching!
I don't do much with my hair because the more products I use, the more it will make my hair heavy, damage prone, and money being wasted. I've tried the avocado and mayo mask and it works well.

Ingredients:
1 large ripe avocado (for medium hair, depends on the length and amount of hair you have)
1 cup mayo


Instruction:
Scoop out avocado and cut in small pieces, add to blender and blend at low speed. Add mayo and blend to mix. Do not puree, make sure it's still a bit chunky, thick enough to stick to hair. 
You don't have to use a blender but if you don't want big chunks of avocado getting stuck in the drain then I suggest you to or mash really well with fork and hand. 
Apply to dry hair, make sure to cover every inch of your hair and you can cover with a shower cap or plastic bag just to avoid dripping on the floor. 
Keep on for about 20-30 minutes and wash off. Shampoo and condition as usual and let it air dry. 

***You can use this as a monthly hair mask to keep your hair in check, silky and smooth.***

Chi keratin mist
I like this bottle very much, it strengthen my hair and helps keep split ends out of the way. Honestly, ever since I bought it a year ago, I haven't gotten any split ends PROMISE! Spray on your damp hair after every shower, tussle a little, comb, and let it air dry. 

Prenatal Vitamins
Do you ever wonder why when women get pregnant they have that nice healthy looking hair? Those prenatal vitamins were doing a wonderful job with all those vitamins packed into a small pill. Take it once a day after a meal and drinking a glass a milk a day plus the prenatal will also benefit your nail growth. 

Youtube:
You can learn just about anything now a days with googling or youtube. Check out how you can cut or trim your hair, buy yourself a pair of shear scissors and chop it away. You can be trimming your hair every 6-8 weeks and this saves you money every 6-8 weeks. 

Lessen tools & coloring
Thank goodness I'm such a lazy when it comes to blow drying and hair iron that I thank myself for it. But for those who love their tools then I recommend to lessen your use of it. Too much really damage the hair even if you use heat protectant. Lessen your use of hair coloring too, but if you must I recommend trying out hair dyes from Lush.com

Do you have any remedies that you would like to share? How do you keep your hair in check? Care to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment