I recently researched about the other uses of coconut oil and the result was abundant. Someone mentioned that you cannot state certain information for coconut oil (which I find a complete weird thing) but I will state just what I use it for.
- Oil pulling (will post a separate post on this later)
- Tablespoon serving for my dogs meal once a day for shiny coat (specially since they are pomeranians)
- Face moisturizer (day and night)
- Hair tip moisturizer (alternating with my leftover Chi silk infusion)
These are my current uses for my organic coconut oil but I cannot wait until I make my own deodorant and eye cream.
Other switches made:
- Ditched my favorite Olay body lotion for a gallon of Hempz original lotion (I will right a review soon). Switching our lotion means less tiny bottles, economical, organic, eco-friendly, and cheaper.
- Replaced synthetic body loofah for 100% hemp washcloth scrubber that I knitted myself. I used my leftover beading hemp twine (rustic) from a year ago and it does the job better than the $2 plastic loofahs at the store. It is rough enough to get the job done but gentle enough to not hurt. It is still in the testing zone so I will not write a full review just yet.
- Dryer balls instead of store bought dryer sheets.
- No more store bought foot scrubber. I make batches weekly for our daily use in the shower.
So far, these are the small adjustments we have made in our household but are progressing with other things. I will share other switches we have made. I am happy to announce my boyfriend is being so kind to let me use him as my little lab rat to try out DIY castile soap recipes.