10 May 2011

Beauty Bang: Makeup brush cleaner

Tired of wasting $20 almost every month in M.A.C. store for your brush cleaner? I know I am. I love their cleaner but for a bottle that size and price, it's enough to break my bank since I love my makeup when I go out. If you use your brushes daily, then you probably have more cleaning to do that I do. I clean my brushes every 2 days and using store bought cleaner was killing my wallet.
I found a cheaper way to do it and it does a way better job.

  • Dish soap with bacterial removing power such as dawn.
    Disinfects your brushes of germs, dirt, and oil.

  • Extra virgin olive oil.
    It helps to moisturize your brushes and to keep the softness of the bristle.

    Direction:
    1. Mix both liquids in a bowl, one you don't mind using for makeup to be in. The amount of liquid depends how many brushes you are washing.
    2.Dip brushes in liquid and sweep back and forth gently on palm. See all the makeup being removed. Do the same motion while running under warm water. Repeat step if necessary.

    Viola, that's it! Every day item in the home and you save so much money! For storage, I use Brush Guard, place my brushes upside down in the hollow plastic container and let dry. This method will prevent water from soaking to the base of your brushes thus ruining it. Brush Guard will always help to keep your brushes' keep its shape so it's spanking new every time :) Enjoy. Let me know how it works for you!

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment