10 May 2011

Furry Babies: Litter train that bunny

Before I had any rabbits, I didn't know you had to train the bunny to use a litter, I thought you put it in the cage and viola, a pan filled with pebbles and wet urine. Boy was I wrong not until I had more knowledge on a rabbit responsibility and litter train my current holland lop. Surprisingly, litter pan training a rabbit is pretty easy breezy home skillet.


  • Start in a small corner so the target is more visible to them.

  • Buy the right fit of a pan which means twice the size as the rabbit.

  • Let them poop around for awhile and when you're ready to place the pan, scoop up a few of their droppings and place in the pan, cover with wood chip beddings. Placing some hay on top of everything else will encourage them to approach the pan.

    It actually took my Elias 4 days to get the hang of it and he started using it constantly. Don't be shock when your rabbit is IN the pan and eating the hay at the same time, it's very normal. This should encourage you more to keep the litter pan and cage clean, right?

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment