10 May 2011

How to clean: Save your home & the planet

I'm a green freak and I try to do green deeds one step at a time. I noticed that I saved a few bucks with being a little green and I'd like to let others know about it.

1. Place potted plants throughout your home to improve indoor air quality. I love the green leaves plants because they look so fresh.

2. Install a faucet and/or shower aerator which mixes air with your water, helping you use half as much water as before.

3. Cut your shower time by 5 minutes.

4. Use organic linens, towels, curtains and upholstery fabric (even with clothes, too).

5. Set up a recycling system for your home; cans, plastic, and bottles.

6. Accessorize your home with reclaimed furnitures (which I love doing and my bedroom decor is devoted to it.) Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

7.Use all natural, non-toxic cleaning products. Vinegar works wonder as well. But please don't be like my other half who tried so hard to help by using apple cider, it was not so pleasant haha.

8. Plant an organic garden even if it was just an herb garden. Planting your own vegetables and fruits will benefit your body, your wallet, and a very beautiful addition to your garden.

9. Control garden pest naturally with canola oil and dish soap. Sprinkle some near insects point of entry.

10. Insulate your water heater and exposed pipes to guard against wasteful heat loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment