10 May 2011

How to clean: My Kitchen routine

I am known as the super anal girlfriend who's always nagging about dishes being left behind. It's true, sometimes I take it as a compliment, other time as an insult. Either way, I know I'm only looking after the safety and cleanliness of the kitchen when I wake up in the morning. Most of my annoying anal routine happens at night.


  • Wash ALL dishes. No one goes to sleep without all of them being done.

  • Always remove leftovers from the sink strainers because that can attract ants and roaches.

  • Wipe down the sink DRY when all duties are done because water attracts roaches since they can live off water for awhile.

  • Always throw the trash every night and changed with a new one for the next day.

  • Wipe all dishes and put away nicely back into the cabinets. No germs will stick themselves to the clean dishes left hanging around and avoid rusty utensils.

  • Unplug and place leftover rice from the rice cooker in the fridge once cool. Sometimes leaving rice in the cooker for a long period of time makes the rice mushy, dry, and burnt. Rice will even be perfect for fried rice in the morning.

  • Wash dogs' bowls and water dispenser. Prepare fresh water for the next day. Wipe down their meal station to avoid attracting insects.

  • Wipe down kitchen table. I cut down on clorox wipes because 1) they are expensive and 2) wasting TONS! Instead I dilute Mr. Clean with water and use an eco friendly sponge. Spray every night after each meal and wipe down. Getting rid of crumbs and germs left behind.

    Believe it or not, I even stuck a very colorful reminder behind my cupboard with ALL of these "rules". I am not a cleaning Nazi but my mother raised me well with germ free and "save-every-penny" kind of life and that stuck to me. Lately, I have been skipping the gym to clean and decorate. You can say I am very devoted.

    Go on and clean your kitchen. You know you want to :)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment