30 May 2011

White squash "Upo" recipe

My father-in-law has a garden full of it and they grow really fast which means we have endless source of it. Great! We need to find ways to cook it but surprisingly, we never get tired of it and my parents loves it because it's sweet. I cooked it the most simplest way I knew how. Give it a try when it's in season.


Ingredients:
3-4 Tomatoes
2 teaspoon fish sauce
salt and pepper for taste
1 medium size upo, cut into thin strips
1 garlic clove
1/2 pound pork

Directions:
  • Heat pan to medium. 
  • Saute garlic and pork together. Once pork is brown in color add in tomatoes and fish sauce.
  • Cook together for 7 minutes.
  • Add upo, salt and pepper.
  • Cover, stir occasionally. 
  • Done when all upo is soft.
  • Serve with hot rice.
This was our Memorial day dinner. 

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of upo before. I'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes if you ever see it anywhere in your area, try it. when they are in season, they go well with a lot of things or if youre always in a rush like me, tomatoes, fish sauce, upo, and garlic around? Youre good to go. You can add pork meat too if you like!! :)

    They should be cheap since they grow really fast.

    ReplyDelete