10 May 2011

How to clean: Floors daily with pet

I have 2 indoor pomeranian mix dogs and they both inherited more so on the pomeranian side which means MORE hairs flying freely. I don't like hairs here and there, I don't like stinky urine smell, or poop sighting in the morning. I finally found a simple way to keep my floors clean even when I wake up in the morning; no more surprises.

I adore my "children" and love it when they snuggle with me in bed but since redecorating and my their hairs are beginning to go wild, I purchased a flexible dog cage almost like for camping. I let them sleep in there or you can comfy up a simple dog kennel.

Before bed, I let them do their business on their pad, clean the pad and wipe down the pad area with clorox wipes. Let dry and place 2 new pads for morning time.

During their breakfast meal, I ALWAYS supervise them since they are trained for inside; if you're do business outside then lucky you! Let them do their business in the morning before going for a walk. So pretty much I feed mines early in the morning and rest about 30 minutes before their walk. By the time they come back home, I wipe their paws with a towel and warm water, let dry and back in the house they go. They are tired and less hyper which means they won't be messing up and dragging their pee pad.

Afternoon time, I usually sweep and mop the house and in the kennel they go. Keep them out of the way and also away from my mop.

I'm a clean freak and sweep every other day. I sweep every room in the house even when there's not much dust going on anymore. I mix 1 cup of clorox bleach and the rest is water about 1 - 1.5 gallon of water. I mop every room in the house (don't forget to sweep first or you will just be spreading them around the house) once with the mixture and again with just water to pick up some of the bleach scent and to avoid ugly streaks. This solution I use works for my tile floors and my wood laminate bedroom. The smell piles up so I usually mop once or twice a week to avoid it getting so nasty and really yucky.

Give your floors to dry about 30 minutes to make sure that when the dogs are out, they won't have wet paws and you know what they do; lick lick lick!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment