10 May 2011

Furry Babies: Mother's Day Present

To be honest, I haven't bought anything massive like this for my mother.... EVER!
I searched high and lows for the past week for the perfect puppy. My mother is not really the type to want a dog; in general.

Here's the story:
A week ago, I took my mom out for a mother-daughter day. I took her lunch and a few shopping just us two. We passed by this pet store and we seen puppies everywhere, then she noticed the tiniest puppy ever about a one-pound 2 months old chihuahua. She instant;y melted like a butter in a pot. That's when she confessed she always wanted to own a dog and to have a purse dog haha.

I called my dad right away and ask permission if he will allow having a dog in their home and guess what? YES! Once I asked my mom if she was serious about wanting a dog, she totally blushed and started giggling over the phone.

I checked shelters all over Oahu to see if they have a 5 pounder little barking machine and no luck. I even tried to adopt from local people on Craigslist and none. I found a local ad by the store for $200 chihuahua puppies with no shots whatsoever. A bit too much but thank God, I checked craigslist once again today and BAM, a 10 weeks old pomchi male with his first shot given and a puppy patch, dog food, and a bed all together for $175! I talked with his owner for awhile and she told me she only had him for 3 days and her allergies worsen. She did not know she was allergic to dogs until that pass 3 days :( I met the little guy and my heart sank to the bottom, he was a precious little thing.

Perfect puppy I would say. As an adult he will only be 5 lbs. since his mom is a purebred 6 lbs. chihuahua and father is a 5 lbs. purebred pomeranian. Another bonus; he is so well potty trained with the puppy patch! I just hope I don't get too attached since I know he will be at my mother's by this Sunday :( More reason to bring my other two dogs to my mom's house on the weekends, right?

Right now, I am in the process of thinking of a name for this little guy. Few of the names I came up with:
Satsuki- Fifth month (of the year. I got him today on the month of May)
Yukio- Gets what he wants
Michio- Man with strength
Naoko- Honest
Sachio- Fortunately born
Taro- First born male (my mom only has 2 girls, and this little guy would be her first "son")
Yuki- Snow or Lucky (Because I was lucky enough to find him on time, lucky that my mom will be with him)

HELP!!! But here he is, his little online debut. He is currently 2.4 lbs and 10 weeks old. Born on February 20, 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment